Sunday, February 22, 2009

BLAKA BLAKA BLAKA

So church was fun today :-) I got to bless the sacrament, again, and hear a few great talks.
The lesson in Sunday School about the Holy Spirit was pretty awesome, especially the testimony given by Janel Jones about her finance, Ben, in Peru.
Elders Quorum was pretty rad....we learned about reverence in Sacrament Meeting, which I can admit to being guilty of spoiling at times. I thought it was a pretty sweet lesson, the last by Ryan Vanderbeen :-( He will be missed.

So yesterday was Ryan's Bachelor party....IN CANADA!!!! So if you don't already know my story, I don't have my birth certificate, mi madre has it. There was some sort of typo made on it during my adoption and she's been trying to fix it since I was like 3....in Sept. I'll be 22....yeah long time right....anyways you need it to get things like a passport and other international documents. So I called Canada's and America's Border Patrol and both said I should be fine with my university ID. I get to the Canadian border and the lady freaks when I drive up, apparently I ran a stop sign, I don't know, I thought I stopped, don't ask. Anyways she tells me to pull over so that I can be questioned. The Canadian Border Patrol asks me who I was, where was I going, if I spoke spanish, if I was a student, etc. So after that charade I finally got in!

In Canada, Austin and I saw not only shell with gas at .89 (per liter but it threw us off too), and THE BIGGEST VALUE VILLAGE EVER!!!! When we got to our destination, this laser tag place (supposedly the biggest in the western hemisphere) we were in for a disappointment, we didn't book it in advance :'-( The earliest we would be able to play is 5:40pm, so Austino and I had to leave because we had prior dinner plans at 6 back in the States.

Getting back into the States was easier than leaving, apparently all you need to know is where you were born, and the hokie pokie....that's what it's all about :-)

Dinner was good....pot pie and this gelatin stuff. Afterward we came back to the Booth house, Maren and I made cookies, along with her friend, Jason watched. One word of advise, more eggs fixes things, always. Then we ventured into the living room to watch a movie.

I gave Maren the option to pick WHATEVER SHE WANTED....and at first pick, I know, I was shocked too, she didn't pick Pride and Prejudice....I'll give you time to let this sink in
..................................................................................................................................................................
..................................................................................................................................................................
..................................................................................................................................................................
..................................................................................................................................................................
..................................................................................................................................................................
..................................................................................................................................................................
..................................................................................................................................................................
..................................................................................................................................................................
although we ended up watching it....it was strange.

anyways....she made me lunch so i must go
ttyl
Chadimous

No comments: