Saturday, March 7, 2009

Sleeping in is amazing....

....especially when you haven't had the chance to in awhile! I was in bed until 11ish....IT WAS GREAT!

So last night was the talent show....well....it was also the first time I was on stage for anything in about 4 years. I used to be known for my charismatic approach on any stage, both in theater and music. Last night I wasn't nervous, I wasn't under practiced, I didn't even break a sweat....however....once I got back stage I noticed that my fingers wouldn't do what I wanted them to do. I couldn't even play the stuff I wrote long ago with Anna Byasis (my band that was on Point Blank Records)....this was new to me....I used to play on stage professionally, but now, for something as little as a talent show, I couldn't play worth beans. Everyone said I did great, but you know when you mess up your own stuff. I'm glad 3 people noticed my mistakes, the same 3 people who have heard me rehearse them hundreds of times flawlessly, because it lets me know I need more experience in front of an audience again, I let myself go past 4 years and I need to get it back!

In other news, Australia was a good movie, but as Peter and I noticed, it could easily have been 2 movies, One with the cattle part, and one with finding the boy....but eh it was still good.

Today I need to get a head start on my final projects for my Design 371, 372, and 373 classes....all of which require tons of time....pero not for me....muahahaha! So if you would like to hang out later on tonight feel free to shoot me a call, text, comment, on facebook, or on myspace!

Well ok I'm done,
-Matt

2 comments:

Maren O_o said...

hahahaha! You can't think of anything clever. hehe...

Sleeping in = waste of a day. but you did need it. And i have a confession to make, I took a nap from 5 to 6. oops.

ok. well have fun at Mike's

Maren :)

Fatty.Matty said...

haha I don't blame you either....you've been working really hard lately and we both needed it.

We did have fun at mikes:)....your brother liked the movie....and we decided to "Swede" our own movies....ask him about it!

Anywho I'm off to bed

Matty :D

p.s. the time I posted on this is "technically" wrong....day light savings....wait, wouldn't it be daylight givings? I mean we are GIVING an hour to whomever it is who takes it....hmm....this needs to be investigated!