Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Although uneventful....

....today was an okay kind of day! Sunny weather, lots of but mildly easy homework, and interesting things.

So I'm walking to the LDS Institute from the Art Department at Western and I pass this guy holding a sign saying "Caution B.S. Ahead". I asked him what he meant. He just pointed at these protesters about 10 feet from him holding signs saying....and I quote...."Environmentalism = Genocide", and signs with "Go Green" crossed out in a red circle. The protesters behind the gentleman handed me a pamphlet and told me that environmentalism is wrong and I should check out their website. I was very confused....HOW COULD YOU BE AGAINST BEING ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY?....I asked why it was wrong and they told me....That producing ethanol for energy reduces our dependency for foreign oil, therefore making less jobs for foreign people, and therefore killing them off. And that recycling is taking away MANY jobs from HARD WORKING AMERICANS (exact tone). And that mostly all economists are savages....I didn't know how to react to these statements, so I did what any smart person would do, I looked them right in the face and threw their pamphlet in the recycle bin.

Now I'm sitting here working on animation storyboards for my New Media class while Peter Duggar is playing video games in my living room. LONG, LENGTHY, yet easy work. I can't complain.

But yeah I should get back to my homework, sorry if it seems like I ignore people lately, I really don't mean to....it's just I'm busy....busy busy busy....with school or my church callings....people like Peter have learned to come and socialize with me while I work at my apartment....hopefully things will let up soon in the Design Department, but I don't see that happening anytime soon :-( [that would be a sad face....I know....it's rare I type one!]

So yeah....byes

~Matty :-D

2 comments:

bex said...

oh goodness. thats a GREAT story. you recycled their pamphlet on why environmentalism is bad. you're my new hero!!

Fatty.Matty said...

why thank you :-D