Saturday, April 4, 2009

Day 1 of Conference

Two sessions down, 3 to go....for the priesthood at least....I think thus far my favorite talk today was by Quentin L. Cook. I can't wait until I can view these again online so that I can send my mom a link of his talk. She, still, believes that we, the LDS church, preach that only people of the LDS faith can reach heaven, and everyone else will burn eternally in hell....For those of you who read this and aren't LDS, let me clear something up for you, WE DON'T PREACH THESE THINGS AT ALL....I've always liked how this church is so kind and accepting of other faiths and never damns others for anything, who are we to judge....yes bishops and other church authorities may use disciplinary action in certain situations for people who have made and broken an oath or covenant, but we learn that we are never to judge or force others to be like us, it's called "agency"....WE ARE NOT HEAVENLY FATHER....but we can aspire to be like him

ok well I gotsta go get ready for the priesthood session :-)

stay fun!
Matty ;-D

OH....and I watched a movie last night....not one most would expect....see if you can guess

4 comments:

Maren O_o said...

TWILIGHT!!!!!

I am so right huh?

If I am wrong then I will feel stupid... but I think we're going to watch it.

I totally fell asleep during his talk :( I am soooo sad

How was Priesthood?

talk to you later :)

Maren :)

Fatty.Matty said...

yeah....it was really cheesy, but not as "terrible" as everyone says....by "we're" going to watch it do you mean you and I, or you guys down there?

Priesthood was good....old guys make me laugh....it's alright you fell asleep....it happens to the best of us....I FINALLY subscribed to Ensign today so you can read the talks later :)

Yeah I'll try and call you tomorrow sometime either in between the sessions or afterwards....what day do you plan on being home?

Matty :)

Maren O_o said...

We get home Monday. Yeah you can call me.

we are watching it right now.

Maren :)

my family is appalled at the awfulness of it...

Fatty.Matty said...

haha super cheesey....however I have a feeling that if someone else wrote it and someone else directed it, it would have been better