Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Favorite Quotes

Secular Quotes (Including some of my own):

"I don't want to be the best lover you've had

I just want to be your favorite." -Derrick Brown

"Your life is like an astronaut, you sleep all day and you never see the sun" -Dan Peterson

"How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd" -Alexander Pope, "Eloisa to Abelard"

"I love your eyes it's like I'm in the forest and all the colors, they can never compare to green. You say my eyes are like the ocean and water, put us together and we'll make up a scenery." -Me

Me-"Women are like The Death Star. They only give you a small window of opportunity, whether you know it or not, and if you miss it, it's game over, mission failed....I know, lame, right?"
Janel-"Well if you just used the force you wouldn't be in that predicament."
Jason-"Wait, guys should just use force?"
Me-"Next time I'll just say, "Janel said I can use force! Now come here!""
Janel-"HAHA, if that's you're way of force then by all means keep it up!"

"Denmark is the Canada of Europe" -Matt Stone and Trey Parker

Church Quotes:

"Choose your love, Love your choice.
" -Thomas S. Monson

"Courage, not compromise, brings the smile of God's approval." -Thomas S. Monson

"I hope that you will learn to take responsibility for your decisions. Don't take counsel of your fears" -Thomas S. Monson

"I wasn't with Joseph, but I believe him. My faith did not come to me through science, and I will not permit so-called science to destroy it.
" -Thomas S. Monson

"Though we may not necessarily forfeit our lives in service to our God, we can certainly demonstrate our love for Him by how well we serve Him.
" -Thomas S. Monson

"We tend to become like those whom we admire.
" -Thomas S. Monson

"Work will win when wishy washy wishing won t.
" -Thomas S. Monson

"
Without hard work, nothing grows but weeds." -Gordon B. Hinckley

“Of course we're Christian. The very name of the church declares that.” - Gordon B. Hinckley

"
It may not always be easy, convenient, or politically correct to stand for truth and right, but it is the right thing to do. Always." -M. Russell Ballard

"What matters most is what lasts the longest, and families are forever." -M. Russell Ballard

"We were born to die and we die to live. As seedlings of God, we barely blossom on earth; we fully flower in heaven." -Russell M. Nelson

"Man is that he might have joy." -Joseph Smith


Yeah I just wanted to put those up....sorry if I missed any good LDS ones....I haven't been a member that long, but I plan on hearing more eventually :-D So if you know any good ones that I missed let me know.

~Matty :-D

No comments: