Sunday, April 12, 2009

Ich hatte fröhlichen Ostern!

So today I woke up at around 8:30, showered, ironed my clothing, made breakfast, ate breakfast, and went to church. The talks were all GREAT! Every class was amazing, and I guess we accomplished a lot in activities committee.

I was so happy with how today went! Everything in church was about the atonement, and I rather enjoyed every minute of it. I have to admit, during Jake's talk I was a wee bit teary eyed at certain moments. I really am extremely grateful for what the savior has done for me. I can't even fathom how much pain and anguish he must have gone through just for my sins alone, not to mention the rest of the world's....I know this church is true and I know that my savior died for my sins, and I know that because I have felt his love each time I pray, each time I read his gospel, each time I sing his praises, and each time I'm around those who love me and those who know of his love as well.

After church today I called pretty much a whole bunch family and friends that I haven't talked to in ages, that took a few hours. I'm so grateful that I have so many family members who care about me and want the best of everything for me. They laid the foundation for me that made me the person I am today. Although I was a pretty douchey and crappy teenager, their love and example shaped me into my current state, and they can see the me beyond my past.

Then, later, Aaron and I busted out our special machine for grilling hot dogs called, and I'm not joking, "The Hot Diggidy Dogger". Our house smelled like burnt rubber and mustard for like an hour afterwards. Then a few hours later I munched on some carrots and watched "BEAR ATTACKS"!

Then mini Selander and friend and those Booth kids came over, along with Aaron, and we watched "The Ultimate Gift". Maren reiterated countless times how the lawyer had long fingers and pointed out everyone's physical traits while Austin ruined every dramatic and emotional scene. Don't get me wrong I love those kids, but every once in awhile I wish they had a mute button! Not to worry, I won, don't worry, that person knows what I am referring to. Although there was a few close encounters where I almost lost (the chin and the knee)....I have a feeling I may have won the battle, but the war is long from over. Oh oh and they brought over this REALLY good strawberry shortcake, SO DELICIOUS, I swear I will never grow tired of that family or their cooking, not one bit!

I love life right now. Yes I'm engulfed in school and projects, but the little time I get to spend with people (mostly Aaron these days) really helps me appreciate them and what they do for me :-) If you're one of these people, and you know if you are, then just know that I'd be nothing without you, or at least a little less the person I am now. Thank you :-D

ok I'm done meow

-GI JOE
(that's for you Austin)

2 comments:

Maren O_o said...

As my mom says, you are not the first to want a mute button. :)

Sometimes you crack me up!
Maybe I'm just in that mood. Austin was making me absolutely almost pee my pants when he was making fun of my question about snakes and bones (don't ask). I couldn't see which was bad because I was driving. anyways, good luck with homework!

Maren :)

Fatty.Matty said...

YOU THOUGHT SNAKES HAD NO BONES?! HAHA! and you want to be an M.D. HAHA you crack me up a lot