Saturday, May 2, 2009

I almost missed....

....my assignment to clean the church building this morning, but HA I didn't! I almost slept in from my late night/hectic day yesterday. But I'd personally like to thank Aaron Perrell(Roommate) for waking me up this morning.

Yesterday I spent my day off working at Western on a BIG project for my book arts class....I was there for almost 8 hours! I got it done which is a HUGE sigh of relief!

So afterwards I had time to stop by Aaron's show. He plays drums for this lounge/folk band named Pan Pan, they're really good, I recommend everyone check them out sometime! ANYWAYS, it was at this art showroom in downtown Bellingham, the Jynks. IT WAS PROBABLY THE MOST STRANGEST PLACE I HAVE EVERY BEEN TO! Now I've seen artsy, I'm a Fine Arts Major, but this place was both really cool, and REALLY WEIRD! I get there and walk into a room full of drunk people eating fried chicken....hmm....I then make my way down to the basement where I heard music where I see tons of paintings and other works of modern art which were both really cool and really over priced. I look to my left and what do I see? A screen with a pink and purple backdrop, various children being projected on it, war footage, innocence, violence, and a belly dancer dancing to techno music right in front of it....it was weird, you have no idea.

I text Aaron to ask where he's at and he soon finds me. We walk around and look at paintings, sculptures, and other works when we look back and see another belly dancer, a black gentleman dancing the same music but adding robot moves.... it cracked us up a bit.

Later on Senica and Sam showed up and the 4 of us saw this HILARIOUS hippie guy wearing a purple and pink skirt, smelling absolutely revolting, long dreds (beard included), no shirt but a hemp vest, and a basket....it probable made my night other than Pan Pan. Sara(the piano/trumpet/flugelhorn/accordion) cracks me up.

Anyways the nights festivities finally ended around 1:30 or 2ish in the morning with Aaron and I in our apartment playing guitar and hanging out....it was a great end to a stressful week.

Anyways I must be off, homework and erronds.... :-/
I will talk to you all later
-Matty :-)

p.s. Maren, there is a picture of you from WCC, autographed, and put on a wall at the James St. Building....I found it randomly posted while cleaning

4 comments:

Maren O_o said...

Don't you love my autographed pic. I'm famous. Actually that's kind of embarrassing. TSP makes us all autograph if he sees us in the paper, you can ask Senica. I'm glad that your weekend was good.

I hear that your ego is a bit bruised because you are not the hottest ticket item anymore... hehe

Sorry bout that... it had to happen sooner or later I guess.

Maren :)

p.s. Don't take it out on Rhea... ;)
have a GREAT day!

Fatty.Matty said...

Haha, wow word spreads fast about what I say....I'm not taking anything out on Rhea, I'm just being my sarcastic mean self....you know how that goes :-D

Maren O_o said...

of course...:)

what did you say exactly? I don't think I even heard it... I just inferred... :) I'm good... me? an ego? never!

Fatty.Matty said...

haha I just frowned and walked by Rhea today when I saw her, then we talked about how all the girls keep talking about Peter Duggar's haircut and how he's the new Hot Ticket Item in the ward....I ran into her around 2 today and you posted that comment at 2:11....word traveled fast